The Community Nursing Team is organised by Southern Health but based at the Gratton Surgery. They provide a service that is flexible and centred on the needs of patients. They are expert, advanced level practitioners providing high quality nursing care and advice to house bound patients.
The Community Nurses can:
- Discuss your individual nursing needs, jointly plan the care you will receive to enable you to maintain / regain your independence.
- Provide and support you with information to help you communicate with other organisations eg Social Services, Hospitals and voluntary organisations.
- Provide health promotion and healthcare advice.
- Teach patients and carers.
- Train students
- Agree arrangements following discharge from the service.
- Expert nursing care to help people remain independent for as long as possible.
- Wound care.
- Care after an operation.
- Care of people who suffer from life limiting condition
- Bereavement support
- Diabetic care and advice.
- Advice / help on continence
- Stoma care
Referrals are accepted from:
- You and your carers or relatives
- GP’s or Hospitals
- Other organisations, statutory and voluntary – with your permission
Services are available:
- Weekends, during the daytime
- Access to the Marie Curie nursing service for terminal care is available following assessment by a District Nurse.