Practices have received a communication from the Health and Social Care Information Centre (HSCIC) on the extraction and publication of fit note data. The extraction is intended to allow the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) to collect data on fit note usage to inform policy development and evaluate the Fit for Work service.
The data being collected will be fully anonymised and will include:
- The number of computer-generated fit notes issued;
- The number of patients recorded as ‘unfit’ or ‘maybe fit’ for work;
- Fit note duration;
- Health condition type aggregated to high-level diagnosis code;
- Location, including CCG area;
- Whether workplace adaptations were recommended
At no stage will patient identifiable information be extracted. For further information press Link here.